Faculty position in Anthropology
28 février 2019
Faculty position in Anthropology of Contemporary Worlds
Job posting period
01-03-2019 to 31-03-2019
Faculté des sciences sociales
General information about the faculty / department
More than a school, Université Laval is an entire community in the heart of Quebec City, a complete university recognized for its culture of excellence both in teaching and research.
The Department invites applications for a tenure-track, full-time teaching and research position in Anthropology, with a specialization in the anthropology of contemporary worlds.
- Teaching a variety of core and optional undergraduate and graduate courses offered by the Department;
- Supervising graduate students (MA and PhD levels);
- Developing a distinctive research program with publishing in peer-reviewed journals;
- Performing administrative and academic duties for the Department and the University.
- Have in hand a PhD degree in anthropology or a degree deemed equivalent by the Search Committee;
- Demonstrate fluency in French and the capacity to supervise both undergraduate and graduate students.
More specifically, applicants must have:
a. conducted significant field work relating to the anthropology of contemporary worlds;
b. a track record of scholarly publications;
c. teaching experience.
Hiring and treatment
Salary according to the current collective agreement.
Regional specialization is open.
Deadline for the reception of dossiers
March 31st 2019, 23:59
Job starting date
September 1st, 2019
Applications, to be submitted electronically, must include:
- a cover letter stating research and teaching interests, including:
- a description of the field of expertise (max. 1 page)
- an overview of the proposed research program (max. 1 page);
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a copy of the PhD degree;
- one publication related to the position;
- name and contact information of two potential referees.
Candidates should send their dossier to:
Mme Michelle Daveluy, directrice
Courriel : email@example.com
Additional information about the Department of Anthropology may be found at: http://www.ant.ulaval.ca/
Valuing diversity, Université Laval encourages all qualified individuals to apply-particularly women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities-but priority will be given to Canadians and Canadian permanent residents.